Possibility or Pressure?
" There is no statute of limitations on starting over. Re-invent yourself every day. Be the girl (Women) who walks barefoot and listens to the blues. Tomorrow, wear a trench coat and speak fierce truths. Be a phoenix. Be ashes. Burn down. Resurrect. Let go of the idea that you must always be who you have always been" Decorista Blog
The Possibilities are endless! It’s the start of a New Year! Exciting? Or is there a feeling of Pressure? I get a bit of both. On one hand, there is the exhilarating feeling that anything and everything is POSSIBLE! On the other, it’s a feeling of OMG I’ve got to get moving! (Don't I move all the time?) STOP! BREATHE! This is what I have to constantly remind myself, yes, it’s another new year and yes there are things to do, there is always stuff to do and as a Business owner it's endless. So, staying true to my WORD OF THE YEAR! QUALITY I’m fighting the old habit of hit the ground running and I’m going to try, really try to just BE! To give meditation a go and to gently move into January and a New Year full of promise and possibilities! I will start with a plan to create a space for ME! To create a sense of flow and to continue on the journey of getting my Home to rise to greet me each and every day!
One of my most important ways to start off a New Year is to just start visualizing what I want. To Celebrate AS IF...
I do this by capturing things visually, books Magazines, blogs, and Pinterest post, Movies. I’m forever being inspired by images for I’m a visual learner and I create through ideas. It’s important to know and to stay connected to what it is that allows for us to be who we are. Who are you? And what inspires you? As a Business Owner, it’s vital that I project all that I value and all that is me in my marketing and in my brand. I always start with what inspires me most.
My wish for the start of the New Year is that you find time to Celebrate and reflect along with review all that was accomplished in 2017 first before you start in on all that needs to be done! There is time for everything. Rest reflect and give space for inspiration as you close out your year and make way for the new. I’ve included a few good questions to prompt your reflections and a fun creative way to move forward for the coming year. Vision Boards are another great way to ring in the New, so be sure and join us on the 7th of January for an Estie Vision Board meet up. Time and location will be posted on the Facebook group.
From my heart to yours!
Fun exercise for the creative in all of us!
1. Get out a blank piece of paper, create a list of all the things you did in 2017 both professional and personal. DO NOT think too much, this list is for the (right brain) just start listing everything you did throughout the year. Just let your brain dump until the page is full. things like places, people, events, books, do not pay attention to anything of significance.
2. Now go back (with colored pens and highlighters) start to let that right brain make notes and thoughts feelings and highlight, color, underline, symbols, taking note of what you're drawn to. Pay special attention to the things that created a good feeling or vibe. Now rank your list in order of importance. Keep this simple!
3. Let's get the left brain involved and look at your list and ask some questions?
a. What surprised you about your list?
b. What was predictable about your list?
c. Based on the list what was important?
d. Based on the list what was not important?
e. How have you grown personally and professionally?
f. In what ways do you want to grow personally and professionally?
Now you are ready to draft some specific goals for 2018 and will be able to move forward in specific areas
For those who just want to get real basic with their review here are a few simple questions to get you started.
1. How was the BIG PICTURE? what worked and what didn't work?
2. List of what you did? A website, memberships. Social Media events.
3. Numbers -Gross profit, total clients, retail numbers, your margins? Do you even know what this is?
4. Intangibles- Day to day how did you feel? Is your business supporting the lifestyle you desire? Does it reflect your values? Mission? How about progress? Goals? Where did you end the year at on these?
Remember to be gentle with yourself, everything is as it should be, and we are filled yet again with endless possibilities so NO PRESSURE! There is always another year! GIFT!